Our Website Policies
Privacy and Security
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse, read pages, or download information on the Federal Consulting Group’s website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information NEVER identifies who you are. Here is what we collect and store about your visit:
- » Internet domain (as examples, "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- » Type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
- » Date and time you access our site;
- » Pages you visit; and
- » If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information only to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
When you visit some websites, their webservers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at our FCG site, where we only use non-persistent cookies or "per-session cookies." These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Per-session cookies help provide seamless navigation. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer's hard drive. FCG website cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information – like filling out the Doing Business with FCG form with an e-mail address and zip code and submitting it to us through the website – we use that information to respond to your message.
- » For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
- » Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on our site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Our site will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with our mission or policies.
The information posted on the FCG website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. We provide these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the FCG site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- » The Federal Consulting Group does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information or services contained on a linked website.
- » We cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in our site or linked websites. You must get permission for the author or from the sponsor of the linked website.
- » We are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- » We do not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Last Reviewed: December 18, 2013